Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Silhouette Cameo

I stayed home yesterday with a sick grandson so I thought I would play with my Silhouette Cameo. I've had it since December and haven't stopped long enough to figure it out. Figuring it out wasn't really that difficult - just a matter of getting some hands on.

Silhouette has plenty of designs to buy and download but unfortunately for me most of what I want they don't have. I wanted to make my own quilting templates - So I have to make my own.

I had to scan an image, then trace over it in the program - simple enough. After that it was just a matter of deciding what kind of cut I wanted. That was where the playing came in. I can do many different cuts with different line styles on different types of material.
 Speaking of material I can also cut things out of fabric - I've been working on that too.


As long as I'm rambling I thought I would mention that I found a sewing auction website Sew Auction.com. This Month's contest is an EXTENSION TABLE of your choice - just REGISTER to WIN ! 
I registered (but not to win - that's just not in the cards for me) and I'm thinking about listing some of the things I need to get rid of - like my wooden hand quilting frame. --- TOO much stuff - not enough house


2 comments:

rubyslipperz1052 said...

O...you have a Cameo! I've wanted to get one of these...and it looked like the learning curve might be too HIGH for me =(.

Has it been easy to learn how to use it for you?

hugZ,
annie
anniesrubyslipperz.com

Bev S said...

Well I guess I need to come back down and have a better look at it. When I was there we did not have time to play with it.