Monday, February 9, 2015

Computer Trouble

I just can't get this computer to load any pictures.
Time to try something different

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tiger Quilt

Got my machine fixed and finally finished the tiger quilt.
I also got caught up on my bindings over the weekend. 6 total.
I hate getting that far behind.
I have a baby quilt just like this one that needs to be quilted.
Now I need to get to quilting - this day job sure gets in the way.

Monday, January 5, 2015

UFO Holiday

Just took off 2 weeks from work hoping to get a few things done but didn't accomplish what I wanted to do.
I was hoping to catch up on some of my quilting but broke my machine right off.
So I decided to get a few UFO's out of the way.
That will be my goal for this year.
First on the list is my Fleur de lis.
I bought this kit for my daughter from Craftsy and thought I'd do one up with some of my fabrics and a little embroidery.
Bought the backing for it and put it in the quilting pile.
 Next is a special find.
A couple of years ago I bought a bunch of fabric off Craig's List and I found these hand embroidered squares mixed up with all the fabrics.
There was a total of 25 - 18"squares.
I used 20 and gave the other 5 to my mother.
I will probably have to hand quilt it - it has 10 thousand french knots.
The squares came from the girls grandmother's stash and must have taked forever to embroidery.
This next one also came from Craftsy.
It is from a kit called Under the Stars.
I just love stars and couldn't resist.
This one is mine. 
My mother came to visit while I was off and she had these humming birds that my sister did for her.
So while she was here I put it together for her.
I think she is going to hand quilt it.
The woman loves red - anything red. 
Now this one is kinda old.
So my sister Beverly (Quilters Corner) came Friday (to pick up my mother) and help me re-arrange my sewing room and I came across this tucked away in drawer. I put it together a few years ago, didn't like the width and wanted to do something to make it wider but didn't have the time to figure out the piecing.
I knew I wanted to add the black strip and continue the pattern.
I'm very pleased with the outcome.
This is one my sister put together from the Under the Stars pattern.
She started it after we finished re-arranging Saturday and just needs to add the borders.
She's calling it Christmas Under the Stars.
She'll probably get it quilted before I get to mine. 
So this is what I've been up to.
Hopefully today I can get a chance to look at some of the blogs that I missed in the past few weeks.
Hope everyone had a good Holiday and hope the new year is going good.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Reindeer Quilt

I finally finished the Reindeer Quilt.
As usual I'm not real happy with the quilting.
But this time it's justified.
I did alot of stippling trying to make the designs stand out.
Since the back won't be seen much this will work.
I made this for my oldest daughter and I have another one for my youngest.
I probably won't get to that one til next year.
Sure felt good to get this one out of the frame.

Friday, December 5, 2014

Happy Scrappy Christmas

My sister gave me a pattern for a Christmas quilt Happy Scrappy Christmas by Lucy Fazely.
I bought some fabric at JoAnn's on Black Friday that I though would look really nice.
I cut my squares and made my half aquare triangles.
I pressed all the seams open and by the time I finished that I had pretty much decided that I wasn't going to square them up.
But I changed my mind and 6 hours later I was able to sew them up. 
I sewed up the 16 blocks and layed them out to see what it was going to look like. 
I was going to wait and put it all together later but I couldn't stand it and finished it up last night. 
It was too big to get the complete picture so this will have to do for now.
I did the borders my way instead of the way the pattern called for.
I am really proud of the job I did on this one.
It pays to take your time and do it right. 

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Owl Forgotten

I completely forgot about finishing this owl quilt top over the weekend.
I had envisioned this differently than it turned out.
I had to make an effor to make sure I got all my stripes going in the same direction.
The colors look real good together but this looks too busy to me.
Since it's a baby quilt I guess it will be ok.
Or will it make for an angry baby???????
Something to think about!

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Merry & Bright

I was so pleased to get this in the mail from Inchworm Fabrics.
Now I need to make a Christmas quilt.
I have one in the making right now - hopefully I will have the top finished by the weekend.
Merry & Bright is definately on my to-do list.
But is is so hard to break the seal on a cool jelly roll.
Go check out Inchworm Fabrics for some great deals

I also wanted to share something I use alot - Glow-Line Tape.
When I first bought this I didn't think it would be very useful, now I can't do without it.
It is a transparent and fluorescent tape for highlighting lines and shapes on rulers.
It won't leave any residue on rulers and it comes in three colors - pink, orange and yellow.
It can be repositioned many times and still stick to the ruler.
Funny how something so minor can spoil a person.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014


to all
I am so thankful for all the special people in my life.
And that includes all my blog friends.
I hope everyone has the best day ever.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014


I finally got the reindeer quilt top put together.
I still need to add the last border and quilt it.
I'm not as happy with it as I thought I would be.
Maybe after it's quilted.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Scrap Lap

I did a quick quilting on this lap quilt a friend made.
For a beginner she is getting pretty good.