Monday, May 16, 2011

Rippity do-da

'The Rippity do-da is the new must-have for your sewing. Make the task of taking un-sewing quick and painless with the Rippity do-da. Simply glide down the seam the same way as the old fashioned seam ripper but in a fraction of the time. It's quick, easy and it won't poke holes in your fabric or you! Use the enclosed mini lint roller to simply whisk away the thread left behind.'

I've been seeing this around lately and keep thinking about getting one. I have the little lint rollers and a ton of regular seam rippers (I need plenty). If this would make ripping out easier and faster then it might be worth it.

I think what I like most about it is the name, every time I see it it sticks with me like a song.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Will you stop it......I want one of those.....

David got his wallet, he loves it....especially since you made it. Thanks....also, I can see how it is done (along with your tutorial).

Wacky Woman said...

I may have to get one of those. Looks interesting. I still have my seam ripper I used in Jr. High School. I know, hard to believe.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I love my seam ripper(s) for small areas, but anything large (heavens forbid) I use a razor blade and clean up the 'threadlets' with my lint roller.

Needled Mom said...

I love the name too!!!!

Linda/Thistledown & co said...

Margaret, I'm so happy you like the name of my Rippity do-da battery powered seam ripper and yes, it works like a charm to un-stitch. It's specially great for long boo-boo's. Trust me I'm blond and do a lot of reverse stitching LOL