Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Quilt needs a name

I finally finished my quilt. I had put it in the frame back in August and even quilted almost 1 entire row but I didn't like the way it was looking. That is a major problem of mine - I'm never satisfied. So I took it out and ripped out most of the stitches.  Now that was a job - I had wished I had left it in the frame. I ended up having to replace the last row and borders and start again. If I had only left it alone it would have been done months ago.
Anyway this is the quilted top

Here is a close up of the stitching

Here is a close up of the stitching from the back side

And here is a bigger look at the back

And last - Here is the binding
I was going to name this quilt Daydream but I'm not sure that fits. I could sure use some ideas.
I have a little more work left to do on the pattern - hopefully it will be  printed up in the next few days

Also I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a scrap swap. My scrap box is overflowing but it is overflowing with the same scraps that I've seen over and over again. And  I got to thinking if we had a scrap swap, similar to a block swap, that we could all increase the variety of our scrap piles.  Let me know and I will work something up

9 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I am just terrible about naming quilts. It really looks fantastic.

My scraps are cut into strips or small chunks to be used for leaders and enders. I doubt that anyone would be interested in them.

Brenda said...

Lovely quilt! The leafy quilting is just gorgeous, it reminds me of a beautiful blooming lattice filled with flowers. So my name pick would be, "Garden Trellis" or "My Garden Trellis." Excellent craftsmanship! :)

Sharon Pernes said...

I am thinking along the same lines as Brenda, it makes me think of a trellis. I was thinking flower trellis, but I Ike hers better. Beautiful quilt.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I like the 'trellis' name too - so pretty. I would be interested in a swap.

Anonymous said...

The first thing that came tomy mind was Garden Crossing.

Nancy Sue said...

What a beautiful quilt!!! It's one that you wanna reach out and touch through the computer :)
Uncensored first words that come to mind....Wickered Whimsies.
Congrats on a great finish!

Martha said...

Diamond in the Rough...first thought that came to mind. It is beautiful. Congratulations.

Rosa said...

It`s awesome.Great job,congratulations!
My name is Warm laces.

I`m interested in a swap.

JJ said...

Very pretty quilt and you did an excellent job quilting it. Have you ever heard of a swap where you put your scraps in a box and send it to a person on the list who wants to do scrap swap and they go through it and takes what they want and adds some and then they send it to the next person who does the same until you go through the list of everyone who wants to play and the box should come back to you in the end.
I would be interested in a scrap swap also.