My daughter needed a quilt for a friend. I had the owls done and all I needed to do was add borders and quilt it. Simple task - no problem.
So over the weekend I played around with different ideas for the border and settled on this.
I also embroidered the name and B-date.
Found backing and batting yesterday (off work for MLK day).
Put it in the frame and went to town.
Now I know it isn't a big quilt but it is a quilt just the same and I managed to get it quilted in a day.
But like most of my endeavors something has to suffer. The house is a wreck (nothing unusual), I also did 5 loads of clothes - which are piled up on the couch and I didn't cook any dinner. For that matter I didn't even eat dinner (which won't hurt me in the least)
Now I need to get the binding on by Friday. I have a bunch of leftover squares that I thought would look great.