A customer gave me her elephant quilt top to quilt. At first I wasn't too thrilled to quilt it but after I finished I really liked the way it turned out.
This is a baby quilt that she wants me to sell for her.
I just put it on the list with all the others.
Also for the past 3 weeks I have been working on a cabinet to store my fabric squares for embroidery.
I needed something with at least a 13 inch drawer.
I mentioned it to my husband and he proceeded to tackle the project.
He made the drawers (on the left below) - which were ok but they didn't meet my standards.
So I asked him to re-cut them and I started to help.
I ended up cutting, sanding and painting (as if I really had the time).
I held the boards while he used the nailer to nail them.
So he finished the one he started for his tools which is below on the left.
The one on the right is for my fabrics. I still have a little more work to do but I had to stop and get some sewing done.
I probably could have done 2 more drawers on the bottom but I thought the space would be better for storing something. I have the shelf cut for the top and bottom I just need to sand and paint them.
I do have an idea for another one - can't wait to tell him what I want him to do next.