Years (many many years) ago I had some silk dupioni scraps so I decided to make a Texas star.
Of course I was in a hurry and figured I would just serge it to keep it from ravelling. WRONG
That was a bust - none of my seams matched up. So I just left it alone and stored it away.
I pulled it out not too long ago, took it all apart and ironed all the little pieces.
I made a pattern for paper piecing - I was going to make sure everything lined up.
I laid it out on the floor and I'm please with the look so far.
Now I need to figure out how I want to finish it out.
Notice anything funny about my design.
I can actually call it my design.
Maybe I'll call it the LA-Tex star