Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sneak Peak

I thought I'd give a little sneak peak of the quilt I'm working on for the Hoffman Challange. I'm trying to make a mock cathederal window with a stack-n-whack center and the outside a one seam flying geese. I thought it would be a little easier. (Notice I said thought).
I ran out of green fabric and had to order more. I have 6 more rows to do. Then I need to curve all the triangles, then do the borders.

As if that wasn't enough work I'll have a hard time quilting it because of the thickness.

What a mess. Maybe next time I'll just do a nine patch.

5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It is lovely - but you would have been better with adding half triangles (square in a square) I can only imagine the bulk. But you are entering the challenge and I am not (here me going 'cluck,cluck,cluck - chicken talk).

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your quilt is going to be amazing!

Barb said...

This is going to be just awesome! You always do amazing work anyways...

Aimee said...

It's beautiful so far. I love how you use the fabrics. I couldn't imagine anyone using that massive print in any way that I'd actually care for, but you've done an amazing job. Best of luck to you.

Needled Mom said...

The colors are fabulous. I am sure it will be worth all of the effort that you have put into it.