Sunday, April 10, 2011

Civil War Block #2

My mother and sister came down from north LA on Wednesday to help me with my spare room. I decided to take out the bed and dressers (and junk) and make a second sewing room. I originall wanted to take the wall down between the present sewing room and the bedroom and have one big room but that was a little more work than I wanted to do.
So we set up new bookcases for the fabric and I brought in my old kitchen table. My sister spent 2 days folding and arranging fabric before they went home. I still have tons left to re-fold. I have been coating the table with polyurethane. Still need a few more coats.

Anyway last night I did another square for my the civil war quilt. I tried a different way of doing the applique on the brown square. It was alot easier but I don't really like the effect. I will probably re do it.





2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

How did you do it differently? They look good to me.

Barb said...

I want to see the room....

I am with Needle mom, they both look terrific!!