Monday, April 4, 2011

My Grandmother's quilt

When I was making Erin's Easter dress I was digging in a drawer and found these squares that my grandmother made. There wasn't enough for a quilt so i had to make 4 more to go with them just to get enough for a twin quilt. So I spent yesterday putting it together and this is what I came up with.


Then I decided I would quilt it like my grandmother quilted (except on the machine). Knowing I couldn't get my lines even I had to make a ruler. I drew out what I wanted and cut it out of a piece of plexi-glass. Before long I'll have a good supply of rulers.



6 comments:

Maxwells said...

I LOVE it!!!

Quilt Chick said...

Beautiful! I am curious about how you cut your ruler.......I have tried to cut some with the scroll saw but wasnt very please with my results. Any tips you would like to share would be greatly appreciated!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

How wonderful that you are finishing a quilt that your grandmother started!

Kristie said...

A very precious quilt! I love that pattern. Looks like you did a great job on your ruler!
Kristie

Barb said...

That is just awesome...and the reason Maxwell says she loves it is that she is hoping it goes her way...oh yes....so If I say I love it, will it come my way? Just messing....Love you Toni!!! Great Job Margaret, I am loving your longarm..

JJ said...

Wow, you are getting good at the ruler/quilting. I love it. I have some older tops that I need to put together but I just haven't got around to it. ;)