Friday, March 29, 2013

On my way to Chrstmas

I have always wanted to make a Christmas quilt and always waited until Christmas to start thinking about it. 
So I figured I'd get a jump on it this year.
I had these designs that I've been dying to make so I got started on it.
 
There are 3 sets and they are all so cute 
I can't figure out which I like more.
My daughter has already claimed it.

I'll have more pictures as I go along.
Believe me it won't be an overnight job.

I'm having a little bit of a problem with puckering.
I know I'm using enough stabilizer. So what's up with that.
I guess I'll add another sheet and see if that takes care of the problem.
I think once it's quilted it will be ok.
 



 
 

5 comments:

Saskia Smit said...

brrrrr...snow. i want summer!
but the pictures are cute.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Aren't they all just so sweet!! I love the 'elf school' block. I don't do this kind of craft/stitching, so can't help you out - hope someone speaks up and comes to your aid.

Tammy said...

Perhaps a clear topper of solvy? And starching that fabric really good before you hoop it can often times make a huge difference as well. I'm assuming you are doing machine emboidery/applique corrrect

Betsy said...

Margaret I have that same design set but have yet to use it. Are u making the embroidery too taut?

Inch Worm Fabrics said...

super cute!! I think its a great idea to work on Christmas now and maybe spring in Jan? it might help it come faster. weather wise we've had the most beautiful Easter since I moved to Idaho. knock on wood.