Wednesday, August 27, 2014


I decided to work on an old UFO.
I really need to make a better effort to get some of these unfinished projects done.
This is a stack-n-whack that I put together a little differently.
I didn't think about having to applique them when I made them.

Applique isn't my favorite thing to do.
I haven't decided what I'm going to do with them once they are appliqued.

I really liked the look of the black background over the white.
But I still want to do something to make the hexagons stand out.
I have a couple of ideas and hopefully I'll try them out this weekend. 
Hopefully this won't end up back in the UFO pile.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Another Ladybug

I hadn't realized how long it has been since I posted anything.  
It would be nice if I had more to show for my time but I don't.

Anyway I finally got my second cabinet finished.
The one on the right was the 1st one I made and had a few issues. It looks good and works nicely but I don't like mistakes. (You would think I wouldn't mind them so much considering how many I make) Anyway I'm giving that one to my sister.
And my sweet husband cut the wood for me another one over the weekend.
That means more sanding, painting and drilling. Sewing is so much easier on my hands.

Here is my youngest with her 2 boys.
The one in the middle turned 3 last Friday.

Now, for what I've been working on.
I was asked to make another ladybug quilt and this is what I came up with.
It has been in the frame for 3 weeks. But since I spent most of my time playing with wood I didn't get it out as quickly as I would have liked.

I took the pictures in a hurry and you can't see the quilting as well as I would like.
After I get the binding on I will take some more.

I put her name on the bottom too.
I do believe this is a little girl quilt.


Thursday, August 7, 2014


I finished this over the weekend for a customer. It is 100% silk - front and back.
I used embroidery thread to quilt it and it quilted so nice.
I had a little trouble at 1st with skipped stitches but once I got that figured out it was smooth sailing.
I really like the way it quilted and the effects it has. Shame I can't afford to make more of these.
But you know when it comes right down to it the silk fabric didn't cost much more than good quality quilting fabric.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Round Robin

I finally finished my Round Robin that my family did a few years ago.
I'm still tying to take better pictures.
I think I'm going to build a rack to hang them on - that might solve the problem.
This is a picture of the front.
I started it with the center square and then sent it to my sister Jeanette from Inchworm Fabrics.
She did the next row of flying geese and then sent it to my mother.
She did the row with the star appliques and then gave it to my sister Beverly from Quilter Corner.
She then sent it to my sister Barbara from Bejeweled Quilts by Barb and she did the stars. 
Here is a shot of the back.
I've held back on finishing it because I could never find a good match for the last border.
I'm really not crazy about red but that seemed to be the direction this one took.
And it turned out awesome.
 Thank you to my family for doing such an awesome job.
A closer view of the center. 
Some views of the back. 

As you can tell I still need to perfect my camera skills.
Here is a picture of how my mother's round robin turned out.
She sent this to me to quilt not long after we finished.
So we must have done this about 5 years ago. 
This was one of the first ones I machine quilted.
This was a lot of fun.
They're doing another one right now with my daughter and a few of my nieces.
I decided not to join in this time. I was always behind on the last one.
With everything that's happened this year I would probably still be on the 1st one.