I have been on a mission to try and finish some of my old unfinished projects.
This is one I started about 6 or 7 years ago.
I did all the paper piecing, trimmed them up and put them in a drawer.
I'd bring them out every now and then, lay them out and put them back up.
I never could decide on the best layout.
I'm not super crazy about this but at least it is together after all these years.
I had all the diamonds in a nice stack tucked away in a drawer.
Didn't think about keeping any of the fabric with it.
So the hunt was on.
I just knew I had some of the yellow....but where.
I finally realized I had used it on another quilt.
But while looking for a piece of the butterfly fabric i found a 12" piece.
Lucky so far!!!
Not so lucky with the butterfly border.
I finally found a piece 21 x 30 on Ebay.
The basic layout wasn't too difficult.
It took me awhile to come up with the corner square.
I like it -- I think it makes it.
Now for the quilting. Sure hope it goes like I want.
And I just couldn't resist this piece of fabric.
My mind is always looking for good pieces to stack n whack.