Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A change, A mistake and A finsih

The more I looked at this the more I thought it was a little too crowded.
So I spent 2 hours ripping out the butterfly border and putting it back together.
I do like the effect it has now.
And all that trouble I went through to find more butterfly fabric.
Oh well - we know it won't go to waste.
I did manage to put together some stack n whacks.
This is a good example of a not so good repeat.
It doesn't look so bad but it should look much better.

 I finally got the truck quilt out of the frame.
I really had a hard time deciding how I wanted to quilt this.
In the long run I just used straight lines.
I thought the thread was a mistake -
should have used a monafilament instead.
The thread I used takes away from the pattern a little.

Oh well it's done. One down One to go.
Problem is I pieced 2 of these - for my 2 grandsons that live here.
I ended up making them another one and now I need to sell these.

No comments: