Friday, April 10, 2015

Sneak Peak

I know it's been awhile since I posted anything but I have been so busy on one project.
I spent forever getting my designs right.
I'm new at digitizing and it takes me a while. But I will get better and faster.
You'll have to zoom in to see the pattern better.
This is the 1st run through
I decided that since the background was black that I needed to do something that would show up.
So I am trying my hand at trapunto. This will be the 1st time
I used water soluable thread for the trapunto and I'm going to quilt it with black thread. 
Here's a couple of pictures of the border.
You can't see it very well but it is really turning out nice.
I probably made a mistake using a black background but it seemed right at the time.
 
I'm having a time thinking of how to quilt the pineapples.
Since I'm using black thread I'm kinda limited.
I don't want the thread to over power them. 
And I got a new toy.
I do alot of alterations and I really needed a heavy duty machine.
This is a refurbished so I got it at a really good price.
Now I can do the heavier fabrics with ease.

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It sounds amazing. I'd love to see it in person.

QuiltShopGal said...

I think you are doing a great job digitizing. I'm sure it is a big learning curve, but you will master it.

Love the quote on the side of your blog ""NEVER LET A PROBLEM TO BE SOLVED BECOME MORE IMPORTANT THAN A PERSON TO BE LOVED."
Thomas S Monson " So true. Definitely fits for so many situations in life (e.g. children, siblings, parents, friends, church members, club members, etc). I am going to try to remember this quote daily, as it is great words to live by.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com