Sunday, April 1, 2012

Blue King Quilt

I'm back.
I had a deadline to get this quilt done for tomorrow and I finished it last night.
I had a hard time deciding how I wanted to quilt it but once I did I had to hurry and get it done.

I had a customer that wanted a king size quilt for his granddaughter and this is the one he picked from all the tops I have on hand. I made this one and one in green that I gave to my sister. I wasn't crazy about the green one and I'm not that crazy about this one either. Definately not crazy about the way it turned out after it was quilted. But they loved it so I guess that's all that matters.

I did get a chance to use a couple of my circle rulers for the border. And I got more practice with my feathers.

At least I made my deadline and I can do some cleaning in the sewing rooms today

You can't tell it by the pictures but this is really a medium blue.

He wanted it extra thick so I doubled the batting. Besides being thicker it is really heavy.



4 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Wow is all I can say. Beautiful!

tiny said...

He is GREAT!!!!! your quiltwork is fantastic.

Bev S said...

I love it. You did a great job on it. I would say I want that quilt but as you know mom made my quilt like that one. I just love it.

JJ said...

That turned out really nice. Kacey was wondering what you would charge her to do feathers on a quilt called stems by fig tree quilts.