Friday, April 20, 2012

My friend's 1st quilt

I took this off the frame last night. It took a week to get it quilted.
This quilt belongs to a good friend of mine. I did the cutting and she pieced it. It is her 1st quilt and she is 83 years young. She and I have spent years sewing together but she had never tried to put a quilt top together -I've got her hooked now.
 I will cut the binding tomorrow and she can start working on that.
It isn't really this red - it's more of a rose color. Still can't take good pictures.

It's hard to see the quilting on the top - the back shows a better view.


Now on to the next one.
I have so many things I need to do and alot more that I want to do. It's a shame I'm not lucky enough to stay at home. But the end is in sight

3 comments:

Bev S said...

It turned out great. Tell her I said that she did good. Also love the quilting.
I do stay home sister dear and there is still not enough time. Always something else that needs to be done.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a huge quilt for the first - just wonderful - love the quilting, too - how fun to be able to sew along with someone no matter what the age.

Needled Mom said...

Her first quilt? That is amazing! You did a beautiful job on the quilting too.