Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Octi-Hoops

I know I haven't been around much lately but as everyone knows sometimes life just gets in the way.
And as usual I'm probably just now finding out something that everyone else knows about. But I ran across this the other day and I thought I'd put it out here for those of you that are like me and haven't seen it yet.
I found this to be a really interesting for machine quilting with a home sewing machine. I think it would take me a little while to get the hang of it and the embroidering with it. But then it's taken me a while to get the hang of a long arm - this just wouldn't take up as much space.
The Octi-Hoops allow you to free-motion embroider and quilt with ease
without a foot.

Octi-Hoops are 3 frames that are shaped in an Octagon shape.
The frames sizes are: largest 11.5" to medium 9.5" to the smallest 7.5" .
There is a hole on each of the 8 sides of these Octagon frames which are designed for the 2 green handles included in the kit to drop into. These handles that are shaped like a writing pen are comfortable to hold and make it feel like you're actually writing as you guide your embroidery-work or free motion quilting along. The handles drop in easily to each hole and come out just as easily, so you never risk lifting the frame as you embroider,
AND THEY WORK ON ALL SEWING MACHINES - EVEN A TREADLE OR FEATHERWEIGHT !!! As long as your machine will allow you to sew a straight stitch without any other attachments attached to the machine, you can use these. ( I copied this info from an ad)

check out this you tube video

No comments: